Friday, May 20, 2011

Oh How Wonderful Waffles


I know this has nothing to do with travel, Harley's or scenery, however, I made the most fluffy and light waffles I have ever made!  You could actually eat a dozen of these and not feel stuffed!  So, I thought I would share the recipe with you.

Fluffy Waffles
1¾ c flour
1 tbls sugar
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
3 eggs, separated
1½ c milk
¼ c butter, melted
1 tsp Vanilla

In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Beat egg yolks, milk, butter and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients until smooth.
In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
Fold egg whites into batter.
Before making each waffle, stir batter.
Bake in a preheated waffle iron until golden brown.

Ok - let me know what you think!!!

No comments: