Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Fall Ride to Dunlap TN and The Cookie Jar

WOW, what a beautiful FALL we are having!  The temps have stayed in the 70's and 80's during the day, the sun shines brightly with very few clouds in the sky, and we still have a few extra hours in the day before darkness surrounds us.  Sunday was one of these perfect FALL days - we just had to take advantage of it! 

We headed toward TN and picked up our friends, Gary and Donna.  We then headed for Dunlap TN and a great little restaurant that is in the middle of nowhere called The Cookie Jar.  We've done this trip several times because it is such a beautiful ride and it combines all types of terrain and views that are spectacular!  I am hoping I have a few new views for you to see - I am still working on another PC and do not have access to my pictures.  I also do not have access to my software which enhances the pictures.  So, what you see is pretty much how it is - not quite as bright and brilliant as my usual pictures, with that said, I hope you enjoy.













The Cookie Jar restaurant sits on a hill with the foothills as a view.  It looks like an old farm house with a large wrap-around porch.  You may choose to sit inside or outside on the porch.  We arrive just before they were ready to close and they still welcomed us in with huge smiles on their faces.  All of the food is homemade and delicious.  They also have great desserts.  Pies, cakes and cupcakes.  It just isn't possible to go away hungry from this place. 

We spent 12 1/2 hours, traveling 489 miles on Sunday.  Wow, was I ever tired!  Due to the house purchase and all the hoopla surrounding it, I haven't been on the bike for over a month!  Which is a very long time when you need to sit on a seat for that long.  However sore I was, I am ready to head out again!!! 

Where have you been this FALL?

No comments: