Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Growing Our Own Food

I am so excited to start a garden this year. It has been a very long time since we had our hands in the dirt. So we decided to go small scale this year. We are trying to put most of the garden into a raised garden. So far, I actually have rhubarb, tomatoes, peas, green beans and radishes. Here are a few pictures of how the gardens look so far. . .

This is the raised garden behind the garage. (notice the rain barrel)!!
Another view of the raised garden.

Radish, Peas, Green Beans, Tomatoes, Rhubarb will hopefully all get along in this small garden.


This is one of three Rhubarb plants.

Ten new trees from the Arbor Day Foundation.


Tomato plants.
I am still interested in tilling up some ground and testing some other types of seeds.  However, I believe slowing things down and watching what happens with what I have.
Thanks for checking out my blog!

No comments: