Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Untold Messages


Subliminal messages.  Ever wonder what or why a person says or doesn't say what they are feeling or thinking?  I've often wondered if people really have any idea the impact their messages make on another person.  And if they did know, would they change?  There is so much hate, jealousy and ugliness in the world today, do we really want to be a part of it?

As a child, I have no recollection of hatred and jealousy.  I always felt that we were all treated as equals.  And  my cousins and I would play and enjoy each moment we had together.  Now, I'm not naïve enough to think that there were not problems, however, it never occurred to me that the whole world was not playing and enjoying each moment also. 

Growing up changes your perspective on many ideals (or at least it should).  Reality has a way of knocking on your door and forcing it's way into your life.  Sometimes you can kick it back out onto the street - however, I believe that most times it hits you square in the eyes and you have no choice but to deal with it.

Back to those subliminal messages, I have recently watched people deal with the messages left by the deceased.  Living life as they please, never caring how they treat the other guy is really bad enough.  But to leave a lasting legacy of hate and lies is a tough pill to swallow.  And I know that it will take a lifetime of self doubt to get past the unknown.  This, in turn, will touch the next generations and can possibly impact generations to come. 

I guess my questions are: Is it worth it, to spend so much of your life, plotting a revenge to hurt other people?  Can you live with yourself through eternity, knowing that you ended up being this selfish and uncaring person? 

No comments: