Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Competition

I am NOT a competitive person.  I do NOT depend upon winning to define me.  With that said, I do admit that I enjoy competing and participating in contests.  As an adult, I have not had the opportunity to compete in the things I am passionate about.  That is until now.  Since moving to Cadiz and joining the Homemaker's club and the Quilter's Guild, I have had the opportunity to compete. 

I have talked about my quilting projects in prior entries.  I entered four of those projects into the Ham Fest, Quilt Show.  I also had those projects judged.  Since I have only been quilting for the past eight or nine months, this was my first time entering a quilt into a Quilt Show.  I was very pleasantly surprised to find actual comments from the judge(s) on your quilt.  First of all, I did not win any ribbons for my four projects.  However, I believe the comments brought to light things that I do wrong and that I need to improve on.  With those comments, I will be able to improve my quilting and maybe one day be able to take home a ribbon for my project. 

 The Homemaker's sponsor the competition for many different hobbies including Arts and Crafts.  I entered seven different categories and received seven ribbons.


This is a picture of six of the seven items I entered into the Homemaker's competition this year.  I received 3 - 1st Place Ribbons, 3 - 2nd Place Ribbons and 1 - 3rd Place Ribbon.  I was very pleasantly surprised with the ribbons I earned.  Mostly, I enjoyed the comments and the support I received for my work.  Next Fall I will work on improving my skills and perhaps trying a new craft.

No comments: