Thursday, August 23, 2012

Good "Morning Glory" and a Rose for Sharon

What a summer this has been - very little rain and hot hot hot!  I average about two hours a day just watering my flowers.  I have had extraordinary luck with many of my flowers.  For example, I started this Morning Glory from seed.  It is now over 25 ft tall and the leaves are larger than my hand.  All this is growing out of a small 12" pot.






 
We also planted six Rose of Sharon bushes this past spring. Although I was told I would not see any blooms this year, my bushes are blooming all over the place.  Even after an attack from the Japanese Beetles these Rose of Sharon bushes are flourishing. 
 




 
The temperature here in Kentucky has started to cool down.  I am hoping that means we can get back on the Harley and see some fall foliage.  Until then, I will continue to tend to my flowers and enjoy the beauty of each day.
 

No comments: